WHO IS LOOKING AT THESE PROPERTIES:
A chance to invest in London property for under £225,000!
- Brand new 1 bedroom apartments in Mitcham, South West London.
- Expected to complete imminently.
- Only eleven 1 bed units available.
- Prices from only £223,000 – £311,000.
- 344 sq ft to 495 sq ft.
- Great value for money .
- The local area has benefited from investment and regeneration resulting in values increasing 22% in the past year alone.
- Prime location with views overlooking the oldest cricket green in England.
- Located in Zone 3.
- Under 20 minutes commute to Central London.
- London Victoria only 17 minutes away.
If you’re looking for reasonably priced London property in an up and coming area, Mitcham ticks all the boxes. It’s an area with a village look and feel that’s close to Wimbledon and within easy reach of the heart of the capital.
Mitcham has been recently been highlighted as one to watch. Good travel links, an excellent variety of reasonably priced properties, green spaces, a semi-rural feel and constantly improving amenities make Mitcham a London property hotspot.
If you are looking for a buy-to-let investment or purchase for personal residential use, you’ll benefit from your property being situated in a regeneration area that’s under 20 minutes of central London and within easy reach of Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
There are several railway and tube stations in and around the area. Mitcham Junction is served by regular trains to Victoria, which take under 20 minutes to reach their destination. The nearest tube stations are Morden, Colliers Wood, Tooting Broadway and Tooting Bec.
There’s also a tram service that connects Mitcham to Croydon and Wimbledon. The Crossrail 2 line will stop at Wimbledon which is only ten minute drive away. Driving further afield, the M3, M4, M23 and M25 are easily accessible.
Schools are an important component when it comes to identifying London property hotspot. Mitcham is no slacker on the education front. There are 16 primary schools in the district, along with 4 secondary schools, including a prestigious Academy which has a strong connection with top Universities.
A London property hotspot needs to have good amenities or be within close proximity. Apart from the pretty cricket green and the 460 acre common there’s a variety of good pubs. New bars, restaurants and shops have vastly improved the town centre into an attractive place to shop and socialise.
If you want serious shopping, Croydon is 10 minutes away by car and Wimbledon is even closer.
The sports and leisure facilities in Mitcham are very good. There’s an excellent golf club and a well-equipped leisure centre with a swimming pool.
Property values here are on the up and rental demand is high. This property completed in April 2017.
- A chance to invest in London for under £225,000 with excellent transport links taking you back into Central London in less than 20 minutes.
- 6 out of the 10 of Britain’s most expensive neighbourhood are in the South West of London and neighbouring Wimbledon and Colliers Wood are already becoming very expensive. Mitcham is benefiting from this ripple effect due to it currently being more affordable and better value money.
- During last year, sold prices in Mitcham were 22% up on the previous year and 36% up on 2008. With the regeneration project underway, this looks set to increase further.
- Huge rental demand for young professionals who cannot afford to buy or rent in the expensive neighbouring areas. Mitcham has over 7,500 businesses creating some 57,000 jobs with Willow Lane Trading estate housing over 150 businesses employing over 2,500 people less than one mile away.
- Mitcham is currently undergoing a £6m town centre improvement and regeneration project. This will improve transport links, give the town centre a facelift and be of great support to local businesses. Mitcham will have an attractive town centre to be proud of when work completes in 2018.
Mitcham Green Conservation Area:
- This is a remarkable place made up of a complex of historic greens, buildings and designed landscapes, each with distinctive characters.
- The historic parkland of Mitcham Common is within walking distance giving access to 460 acres of varied open space. This idyllic recreational space is used not only for its running trails but is also where the annual Mitcham Carnival is held with over 120 attractions drawing visitors from all over London.
- Nestled within the heart of the common is Mitcham Golf Club that was established in the 1890’s offering a challenging 18 hole course.
- Canons Leisure Centre is only a 3 minute walk away and has Gym, Swimming pools, Dance Studio and Squash Courts, whilst Tooting & Mitcham Community Sports Club is a 13 minute walk away and has ‘State of the Art’ 3rd Generation All-Weather Pitches, Gym and Boxing Club.
- Nearby is Lavender Park – A recently refurbished junior play area has a range of exciting balance and agility equipment, a rotating seesaw, a large central multi-activity unit, basket and flat seat swings all set in a rubber wetpour safety surfacing providing good access for all.
- Today the area is enjoyed by countless thousands of people for both fitness and pleasure. Mitcham Cricket Club uses the ground where cricket has been played every season since 1685, longer than anywhere else in the world.
- Mitcham is a district in south west Greater London, in the London Borough of Merton.
- It is centred 7.2 miles (11.6 km) south-west of Charing Cross. Boasting 460 acres of South London’s open green space in the form of Mitcham Common. The properties situated around the Cricket Green are the most sought after within Mitcham.
- Air Conditioning
- Cable TV
- Security Camera
|Square Feet:||344 sq ft - 495 sq ft|